Information for the 2018 Fleet Feet summer half-marathon training will be coming soon! Below is information on our 2017 training program. Please check out what the program was like in 2017 and be on the lookout for 2018 information!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon! Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine! We welcome those who are also training for another summer half-marathon, or are working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. Thanks to our vendor sponsor Brooks Running for sponsoring this training!
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on August 19, 2017
- Program Duration:May 31, 2017 – August 19, 2017
- Program Kick-Off Party: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 @ 7:15PM Fleet Feet Madison (8440 Old Sauk Rd)
- First Group Run:Saturday, June 3, 2017 @ 7AM
- Early Bird Special: $130 until May 15, 2017
- Regular Rate: $140 (May 16 – May 29)
- Late Registration: $150 (May 30 and after)
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 29, 2017
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
Group Runs – 2x/week: Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be centrally located in Madison.
- Wednesday 6PM – mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, Intervals)
- Saturday 7AM – long runs
- Participants are also encouraged to participate in our weekly Pub Runs on Thursday evenings at 6pm.
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Includes days we do not meet!
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month– 5 mile fun run with the Mini-Marathon Race Directors
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped and courses – including portions of the race course
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training – including such topics as sports nutrition & hydration, Self-massage, and injury prevention
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Saturday mornings to help you stay on track (run with the race day pacers!)
- A team technical shirt
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
For more information click here or contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs