JOIN THE FLEET FEET MINI TRAINING PROGRAM!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. All pace levels of runners are welcome!
2017 Program dates and fees coming soon!
Group Runs – 2x/week:
- Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, centeral and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be centrally located in Madison.
- Wednesday, 6pm – mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, intervals)
- Sunday, 7am – long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- *** Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus.
- *** Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans.
- *** Includes days we do not meet!
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month – 5 mile run with the Mini-Marathon Race Directors
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped courses – including portions of the race course.
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training – including such topics as sports nutrition & Hydration, Self-massage, and flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- A supportive enviornment for all athletic abilites that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
For more information click here or contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs