We couldn't do it without you! Race weekend at the Mini takes more than 700 volunteers and every single one of you is important to the success of the event! Come support your favorite runner and help in a multitude of roles. Already running? Volunteer at the expo and packet pickup the day before the race or help stuff goodie bags. Volunteers are needed in a variety of roles including the starting line, water stations, aiding runners along the route & handing out food and medals at the finish line. Volunteer with your friends or make new friends race weekend! There's a place for everyone!
Volunteers will receive the official Event Crew t-shirt and are automatically entered into the great prize giveaway! Past prizes have included: gym memberships, spa gift certificates, dining gift certificates and much, much more! Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age.
Now is your chance to take part in welcoming all of the athletes that will be joining us for this amazing world class event. For more information send an email to our Volunteer Coordinator, Kat Hawkins at Kat@MadisonMiniMarathon.com.
THE VOLUNTEER DRAWING WILL BE BACK IN 2013!
Previous Prizes Have Included:
- One night-stay voucher at North Central Group Hotels
- One night-stay voucher at Hotel Rd
- Nitty Gritty gift certificates
- Espresso Royale gift cards & travel mugs
- Ian's Pizza vouchers
- Quiznos Madison volunteer coupons
- Fontana Sports coupons for $10 off any purchase of $50
- University Bookstore coupons for 20% off one regular priced item
- Qdoba Mexican Grill rewards cards
- AJ Bombers $5 gift cards
- Campus Street Sportswear T-shirts
- Goodman's Jewlers coupons for 10% off next purchase
- Gigi's Cupcakes gift certificate
- First Choice Dental $100 off teeth whitening vouchers
- Eberts and Gerberts subs gift cards
- CYC Fitness cycling class
- Lululemon yoga mat
- Vitense Golfland batting cage passes
- Ho-Chunk rewards play
- Fresh Madison Market gift certificates
- Integrated Sport and Spine free gait analysis
- Campus Street Sportswear
- Pop Deluxe
- Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream on State Street
- Signed Bo Ryan basketball
If you're a business that would like to contribute to the Volunteer drawing, please contact Kat@MadisonMiniMarathon.com
COMPANIES AND GROUPS ARE WELCOME
Did somebody say TEAM-BUILDING?! Your organization, group or company can enjoy team-building while supporting our community. Contact us and we will find the right opportunity for your group.
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Friday: 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Be a part of the anticipation and excitement before the big race! Athletes pick up event information, race bib numbers and merchandise at Packet Pick-Up. Help ready this large event for participants by passing out t-shirts and race information or assisting in greeting people or providing directional assistance throughout the exhibit hall.
Friday: 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 5:30 am - 11:00 a.m.
Are you a person who always has the answers? Then this is the job for you! Help participants with questions and provide directional assistance on Race Day. Inquiring minds want to know and we need you to help us answer them!
Saturday: 6:00 am - 11:30 a.m.
Be the first to see the many walkers and runners as they come across the finish line. Be a part of the finish celebration! As they finish, we need your help to guide them through the following areas:
- Bottled Water - Hand the participants their much needed bottled water. They will be very appreciative!
- Medals - Reward the thousands of participants by giving them their hard earned medal.
- Food Distribution: Help hand participants a much anticipated post-race snack of items such as banana, apple, bagel and cookies.
Saturday: 6:00 am - 11:00 a.m.
The Madison Mini-Marathon doesn't end when participants cross the finish line! It's just when the celebration begins! There's music, merchandise booths and areas for groups to reunite and enjoy the recent accomplishment. We need your help for Post-Race Party in the following areas.
Results Tent - Who doesn't want to know how they did as soon as they finish?! Give racers their unofficial results, post results when they become available and keep the participants moving in and out of the tent.
Information Tent - Help track participants along the route for their friends or family and offer general information to inquiring minds.
Saturday: 6:00 am - 11:00 a.m.
Help prepare the course for the participants , ensuring it is ready to go as they race around Madison for the first time. Be a part of the course in one of the following areas:
Aid Station - Finishers cannot get enough water! Provide water for participants as they continue their rest and recovery.
Refuel Station: Refuel particpants with a refreshing hit at this refuel station.
Saturday: 5:45 am - 11:00 am
Job Duties: Serve as course marshal directing participants along the route. Be there to support them and cheer them on at one of the many locations along the route. Details will be provided at orientation and as volunteers are dropped off at their specific location.