JOIN THE FLEET FEET MINI TRAINING PROGRAM!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also training for another summer half-marathon, or are working toward a fall full marathon.
We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. All pace levels of runners are welcome!
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on August 16, 2014.
- Program Duration: May 31, 2014 – August 16, 2014
- Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, May 31, 2014 @ 8:30AM Fleet Feet Sports
- First Group Run: Sunday, June 1 @ 7AM
Registration: Click Here to Register
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 25, 2014
*$5 of every registration is donated to Allied Running Club
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
- Early Bird Special: $129 until May 16, 2014
- $149 after May 16, 2014
- $169 after registration deadline
Group Workouts – 2x/week
- Wednesday 6PM – mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, Intervals)
- Sunday 7AM – long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from)
- Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month– 5 mile fun run with the Mini-Marathon RD’s
- Expert Coaching and Guidance
- Organized group workouts with mapped and supported courses
- Educational seminar series to help you supplement your training – including such topics as Nutrition & Hydration, Good Form Running, Self-Myofascial Release & Flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships
For more information please contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs