2015 Mini Training Info Coming Soon!
JOIN THE FLEET FEET MINI TRAINING PROGRAM!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also training for another summer half-marathon, or are working toward a fall full marathon.
We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. All pace levels of runners are welcome!
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Madison Mini-Marathon on August 16, 2014.
- Program Duration: May 31, 2014 – August 16, 2014
- Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, May 31, 2014 @ 8:30AM Fleet Feet Sports
- First Group Run: Sunday, June 1 @ 7AM
Registration: Click Here to Register
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 25, 2014
*$5 of every registration is donated to Allied Running Club
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
- Early Bird Special: $129 until May 16, 2014
- $149 after May 16, 2014
- $169 after registration deadline
Group Workouts – 2x/week
- Wednesday 6PM – mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, Intervals)
- Sunday 7AM – long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from)
- Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month– 5 mile fun run with the Mini-Marathon RD’s
- Expert Coaching and Guidance
- Organized group workouts with mapped and supported courses
- Educational seminar series to help you supplement your training – including such topics as Nutrition & Hydration, Good Form Running, Self-Myofascial Release & Flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships
For more information please contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs