JOIN THE FLEET FEET MINI TRAINING PROGRAM!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. All pace levels of runners are welcome!
Important Program Dates:
- Program Duration: June 4 - August 20
- Program Kick-off Party: Saturday, June 4 @ 8:30am at Fleet Feet Madison
- First Group Run: Sunday, June 5 at 7:00am
Registration: Online registration opens Spring, 2016
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 30
- $5 of every registration is donated to Allied Running Club
- Registration into the Madison Mini-Marathon is NOT included in your training program registration
- Early Bird Special: $129 (until May 16)
- Regular Rate: $144 (May 17-May 30)
- Late Registration: $159 (May 31 and after)
Group Runs - 2x/week:
- Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, centeral and east areas of Madison. Wednesday group runs will be centrally located in Madison.
- Wednesday, 6pm - mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, intervals)
- Sunday, 7am - long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
*** Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus.
*** Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans.
*** Includes days we do not meet!
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month - 5 mile run with the Mini-Marathon Race Directors
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped courses - including portions of the race course.
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training - including such topics as sports nutrition & Hydration, Self-massage, and flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- A supportive enviornment for all athletic abilites that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
For more information click here or contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs