JOIN THE FLEET FEET MINI TRAINING PROGRAM!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free. All pace levels of runners are welcome!
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: BMO Harris Madison Mini-Marathon on August 22, 2015.
- Program Duration: May 30, 2015 – August 22, 2015
- Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, May 30, 2015 @ 8:30AM Fleet Feet Sports Madison
- First Group Run: Sunday, May 31 @ 7AM
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 25, 2015
*$5 of every registration is donated to Allied Running Club
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
- Early Bird Special: $129 until May 11, 2015
- Regular Rate: $144 (May 12 - May 25)
- Late Registration: $159 (May 26 and after)
Group Workouts – 2x/week
- Wednesday 6PM – mid-week run & optional performance workout (hills, tempo, Intervals)
- Sunday 7AM – long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from based on goals and experience)
- *** Half Marathon Training & Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus.
- *** Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans.
- *** Includes days we do not meet!
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month - 5 mile run with the Mini-Marathon Race Directors
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 2x/week with mapped courses - including portions of the race course.
- Educational seminar series to supplement your training - including such topics as sports nutrition & Hydration, Self-massage, and flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- Participant only coupons and discounts
- A supportive enviornment for all athletic abilites that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
For more information please contact:
Megan Dolan- Director of Training Programs