Welcome to the 9th Annual BMO Harris Bank Madison Mini-Marathon & 5K!
We pride ourselves with producing a world-class event and the best participant experience. We have some exciting new changes for 2017, and we invite you to experience them first hand, no matter if you’re a seasoned runner or a first-time participant. Ranked 14th Best Half by Runner’s World magazine in 2013, this scenic 13.1 mile journey will showcase some of the best Madison has to offer.
See you at the start line!
NEW ADDITIONS FOR 2017 – DISAPPEARANCE OF THE HILL AT MILE 13
The Hill at Mile 13 has been eliminated! Buh-bye. Good riddance. You will not be missed! The course will have a nice FLAT finish!!! The new map can be found HERE!
OTHER great additions to 2017:
* New Packet Pick-up location at Alliant Energy Center with FREE, convenient parking. Our past location made you rather angry. Harsh words begone. We’ve moved to the Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, WI 53713. And it’s right off the Beltline.
* Flattering Tank Top for Female Half Marathon Finishers. “Why do races think women want to bury their bodies in the same shirts as guys?” Uhhh, we don’t. But thanks to your feedback we now have a breathable, feminine tank top for female finishers. Design unveiled soon.
* Mobile-friendly Website. Stop slinging sass at us. You told us our Website was a nightmare to view on your phone. So we fixed it! Just remember to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages as well for the most up-to date info.
Madison Mini event highlights:
- Ranked 14th Best Half Marathon by Runner’s World in 2013
- Finishers Medal for All Participants (Half medal doubles as a bottle opener)
- Tech Shirt for Half Marathon Finishers (Men’s and Women’s sizing) / T-shirt for 5K and Kids’ Run Participants
- One FREE Beer for Registered Participants 21+ from Wisconsin Brewing Company in a commemorative stadium cup
- Personalized bibs
- 14th Mile Post-race Party on the Union Terrace!
- Running socks from BMO Harris Bank
- Bucky Badger popcorn at the finish line!
- BMO Harris Bank Cheer Stations along the route
The Mini route features these great landmarks!
- Memorial Union
- Capitol Square
- Farmer’s Market
- State Street
- Kohl Center
- Union South
- Camp Randall
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Lakeshore Path
- UW Campus
- Bascom Hill
- Union Terrace