Welcome to the 10th Annual Madison Mini-Marathon & 5K!
We pride ourselves with producing a world-class event and the best participant experience. We have some exciting new changes for 2018, and we invite you to experience them first hand, no matter if you’re a seasoned runner or a first-time participant.
Ranked 14th Best Half by Runner’s World magazine in 2013, this scenic 13.1 mile journey will showcase some of the best Madison has to offer.
All 2018 participants will receive:
- Free Race Photos
- Commemorative race t-shirt
- Special commemorative 10th Year Celebration Medal
- Access to the 14th Mile Post-Race Party on the Terrace with a free beer,soda and live music
- Scenic route through Madison,WI with our nationally celebrated Cheer Challenge stations bringing energy throughout the course
We’re thrilled to be celebrating our 10th year in Madison! See you at the start line!
Feel free to check out all of the news from the 2017 race below!
NEW ADDITION FOR 2017 – FREE RACE PHOTOS!
We are thrilled to offer free race photos for 2017 Madison participants!! After the race, runners will receive an email with free downloadable photos of themselves from the event.
NEW ADDITIONS FOR 2017 – Mini Medal Design has been unveiled!
Hold it in your hand, and you know you’ve got something. It feels like accomplishment. It boasts a touch of sass. Oooooh baby, it’s got some sparkle and shine. And, it doubles as a bottle opener!
How can it be even better, you ask? Consider iTab! How iTab works:
1. If you didn’t purchase iTab for $12 when you registered, simply log in to your
Race Roster account to purchase. You can also order post-race (but why wait?).
2. Participate in the 2017 Madison Mini-Marathon or 5K.
3. Approximately one week after race day, you will receive an adhesive tab
containing your engraved name and race time. Stick it to the back of your
Madison Mini medal, and forever remember the day!
OTHER great additions to 2017:
*Mini Shirt Design has been Unveiled! Good stuff we’ve been sharing with you these past few months, right? Well, pat yourself on your back because these enhancements have been based on your suggestions! Please keep the feedback coming so we can make it an awesome Madison Mini this year and an unforgettable party next year in our 10th year!
This month, we are just giddy over showing you our 2017 design for the half marathon participant tees. Featuring Madison landmarks along the course, this year’s shirt boasts your coolness! Female half marathon participants will be receiving a flattering tank top. Guys, you will be receiving a breathable tech tee. 5K design coming soon!
*The Hill at Mile 13 has been eliminated! Buh-bye. Good riddance. You will not be missed! The course will have a nice FLAT finish!!! The new map can be found HERE!
* New Packet Pick-up location at Alliant Energy Center with FREE, convenient parking. Our past location made you rather angry. Harsh words begone. We’ve moved to the Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, WI 53713. And it’s right off the Beltline.
* Flattering Tank Top for Female Half Marathon Finishers. “Why do races think women want to bury their bodies in the same shirts as guys?” Uhhh, we don’t. But thanks to your feedback we now have a breathable, feminine tank top for female finishers. Design unveiled soon.
* Mobile-friendly Website. Stop slinging sass at us. You told us our Website was a nightmare to view on your phone. So we fixed it! Just remember to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages as well for the most up-to date info.
Madison Mini event highlights:
- Ranked 14th Best Half Marathon by Runner’s World in 2013
- Finishers Medal for All Participants (Half medal doubles as a bottle opener)
- Tech Shirt for Half Marathon Finishers (Men’s and Women’s sizing) / T-shirt for 5K and Kids’ Run Participants
- One FREE Beer for Registered Participants 21+ from Wisconsin Brewing Company in a commemorative stadium cup
- Personalized bibs
- 14th Mile Post-race Party on the Union Terrace!
- Running socks from BMO Harris Bank
- Bucky Badger popcorn at the finish line!
- BMO Harris Bank Cheer Stations along the route
The Mini route features these great landmarks!
- Memorial Union
- Capitol Square
- Farmer’s Market
- State Street
- Kohl Center
- Union South
- Camp Randall
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Lakeshore Path
- UW Campus
- Bascom Hill
- Union Terrace